A unique opening with one of New Zealand’s largest egg producers managing a rearing farm which utilises a modern cage free aviary system. The farm is on a new site and will be rearing pullets for the adjacent free-range farm. It is based at Huirimu, located 40 kms southeast of Te Awamutu.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable senior livestock operator or manager who enjoys working with poultry and is seeking the next step of their career.
You will lead a small, dedicated team involved in the rearing and care of chicks from day old through to point of lay pullets.
In addition to sound poultry or animal husbandry knowledge, the successful applicant will require great people skills, enjoy being “hands on” and be prepared to lead and take responsibility for the rearing operation. The ability to prioritise and work methodically is important.
This is a live in, full time position with housing provided if needed.
You will need to have:
• A commitment to Health and Safety and Bio Security protocols and a willingness to ensure these are fully adhered to across the farm
• Flexibility as this role demands a high level of commitment and responsibility to ensure the health and welfare of the birds is always maintained
• Leadership as you must be a role model to your staff and work cohesively and positively with the other Farm Mangers
• Good computer skills to track and maintain KPIs and write reports
• A current full Drivers’ Licence
You will be working 5 days on 2 days off, but some flexibility is required. You will also participate in the “on call” roster and as such, will need to reside either on the farm or within 15 minutes of the farm.
Excellent remuneration package including housing and vehicle
State of the art aviary rearing facility
Friendly supportive work culture
For initial enquiries please call Paulette Earl on 09 3027010.