- Dunedin Location
A vertically integrated company with multiple sites across New Zealand, our client is seeking an experienced or highly capable Logistics Manager to work cohesively and in partnership with a central planning department and management team across the company.
This is a complex role that requires technical expertise, attention to detail and a considered approach to drive a well run logistics arm of the business; while implementing changes to improve standards and increase efficiencies.
Reporting to an Auckland based Manager, the successful candidate will operate with a high degree of accountability. They will have responsibility for planning and co-ordinating well communicated and cost effective logistics operations in warehousing, inventory, transportation and supply chain processes across three divisions. Concurrently; they will be breaking down, presenting and subsequently executing a pipeline of continuous improvement projects across the national logistics network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build, maintain and report on the national logistics budget.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to the Sales & Operations planning cycle and drive improvements in capabilities and tools.
- Maintain complete situational awareness of all sites current and forward capacity positions.
- Create and implement best practice logistics policies and processes to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with third party distribution customers and supply partners and manage productive stakeholder relationships.
Skills & Experience:
To succeed in this role, you will be able to identify:
- It is preferred that candidates have a relevant tertiary qualification in either Operations, Supply Chain or Management but this requirement is not essential.
- Extensive management experience in logistics, warehouse and operations ideally within the food industry, or a demonstrable level of capability to take on this role.
- Exceptional planning and implementation skills with a requirement to manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines, while progressing with key long term projects.
- Well-developed problem solving with a critical eye for detail and an ability to work through complex data.
- Strong leadership and communication and a willingness to share ideas and mentor staff members.
- A commercial perspective supported by strategic agility and confidence to deal with challenging situations.
This is a great opportunity to continue your personal development and make your mark in a successful company. An attractive remuneration package is offered.
Quote Ref:1083. Please forward your resume to Paulette Earl.