- Excellent Opportunity For Experienced Professional
- Waikato Based Company
Our client is a premium food manufacturer based in the Waikato region and is seeking an emerging leader to join their high performing team.
This role represents an excellent opening for a successful International Business Development Manager ideally with experience focused toward North Asia. The role offers an opportunity to contribute to strategy and shape this business through strategic planning and execution to support key market segments. Working alongside subsidiary offices, the appointee will build strong partnerships and gain a deep understanding of in-market systems to determine customer needs. As a key member of the team, the appointee will collaborate with the International Trade team, Operations and Supply Chain and it is expected that they will be based at the plant in Waikato when not in-market.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The management of the Foods Portfolio in China and Japan, establishing partnerships with customers to ensure profitable revenue and delivery of the long term strategic plan.
- Building strong working relationships, generating insights and identifying customer needs to enhance the company’s status as a premium foods supplier.
- Developing and executing growth management plans and strategy, supporting the development of NPD opportunities and the launch of new products.
- Facilitating sales by managing commercial, technical and logistical requirements.
- Working cross functionally with Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Operations to manage business development projects.
Required Skills & Experience:
We are ideally seeking the following:
- Successful International Business Development experience with an understanding of Foodservice, Industrial and Retail Channels.
- A robust understanding of food manufacturing and NPD development.
- Systems and process orientation together with a knowledge of supply chain planning.
- Well-developed commercial acumen and established customer relationship skills with the ability to build empathy.
- Strong analytical abilities, strategic planning experience and logistics capability.
- A desire to succeed and make a contribution to the ongoing growth of the business.
This newly established position will have strong appeal to those International Business Managers seeking to contribute to business strategy within an established and growing organisation which has a significant pipeline of new products and customers under development. A competitive package is offered combined with personal and career development opportunities. It requires an ability to undertake international travel.
Quote Ref: 1072. Please forward your resume to Paulette Earl.