- Career Opening
- Waihi Based
Our client offers reliable independent testing services in the areas of environmental, nonferrous metals and precious metals to the mining industry. The company is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity and the Waihi site has ISO 17025 accrediatation. They wish to employ a Laboratory Technician for their Minerals division based in Waihi. You will receive excellent training to assist you reach your full potential.
You will join a busy commercial laboratory working with likeminded qualified individuals. Initially there will be a focus on quality, technical and compliance procedures and protocols. Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, responsibilities will include the analysis of geochemical and environmental samples providing a quick and accurate turnaround to client companies. You will also receive training on the operation of AAS and ICP-MS instruments and after a period will assist with maintaining Quality Control standards.
The laboratory operates on a shift system, 4 days on, 4 days off. This enables a great lifestyle.
We are seeking a motivated individual ideally with a degree of Laboratory experience including functional technical knowledge of a range of Laboratory techniques including Health & Safety. A high degree of accuracy is required together with the ability to manage a consistent workload.
Essential Attributes Required Are:
• A Tertiary Science Qualification and ideally exposure to geochemical assay processes and analysis including AAS/ICP-MS.
• Well-developed verbal communication skills plus report writing capabilities.
• A commercial understanding together with a positive attitude and sound time management skills.
• A commitment to Quality, Risk Management and HSE Management systems.
• A New Zealand driver’s licence.
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Attractive commencement salary
• Work/Life balance
Quote Ref: 1071
Should you require further information, please telephone Paulette Earl on